Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Fast Division! It’s been awhile since I’ve posted an update but I’m pleased to announce Avalanche 1.4, a collection of improvements and bug fixes for Magento 184.108.40.206. Major updates include Schema.org microdata support and stylesheet generation for unlimited mobile stores.
- Schema.org Microdata: Product, Offers, Ratings, Reviews
- Multiple stylesheet support for Avalanche Mobile
- Coupons now supported in Avalanche Mobile
- Captcha now supported in Avalanche
- Social media footer HTML moved to static block
- Tax/VAT information should now be properly added to widget product collections
- Improved one page checkout form validation (state, postal code, phone, fax)
- Coupon form now submits upon pressing the enter key
- Fixed PayPal Express support and revamped the PayPal order review page
- Fixed Facebook Connect code for Like Button
- Fixed Facebook Like button in the Quick View
- Fixed AJAX Catalog with “Show More Products” behavior when using back button
- Fixed display of optional customer registration fields
- Fixed display of cart discount label on cart total list
- Fixed localization issues with review dates by reverting back to default code
- Fixed contact form page template in contacts.xml
- Fixed display issue with multiple addresses on multishipping overview page
- Fixed 0 Reviews star display on Avalanche Mobile
- Fixed rare minification issue with several JS files and semi-colons
- Added default theme check when generating and exporting stylesheets
- Updated jQuery (1.8.3), Modernizr, Slides and Waypoints
- Updated Adminhtml Form.php override file for Magento 220.127.116.11
- Removed custom opcheckout.js in favor of Magento’s default script
- Removed custom bundle price.phtml template in favor of Magento’s default template
- Removed product-grid.js since it’s no longer used
- Removed jQuery Metadata dependency
[click to continue…]
Integrating extensions into a custom Magento theme isn’t an easy task. To ease the pain we’ve released 4 brand new guides for Avalanche, our premium Magento theme:
We’re hoping these guides save you time and money as well as give you some ideas on how to integrate other extensions into Avalanche. As always, check out our extensive documentation and FAQ database if you need more help!
If you recently upgraded to Avalanche 1.3.2 and are currently experiencing server-related issues please log in to the Avalanche members area and download the latest hotfix.
The stylesheet fallback system used in the latest version of Avalanche is causing problems on a substantial amount of servers resulting in increased CPU and processes. This is occurring because the fopen() function used to check for the existence of files is stalling and creating additional requests to the server.
This hotfix replaces the fallback system by using Magento’s scope-based configuration storage. Generated CSS file paths on a store-by-store basis are now saved in a configuration variable rather than performing cached file checks.
If you have any questions or continue to have issues with your server please contact support immediately. Thank you for your understanding!
Avalanche 1.3.2 for Magento 1.5+ and Avalanche 1.3.2 for Magento 1.7+ have both been updated with this hotfix.
The latest update to Avalanche is now available with plenty of bug fixes and improvements. Over the last few months we’ve been polishing the existing code in anticipation of several new extensions still in development.
Most notable is compatibility with Magento CE 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124, which significantly overhauled PayPal payment methods and required some bug fixes. I’m also very pleased to announce support for multistore stylesheets which make it incredibly easy to generate styles from the Avalanche configuration panel. You can now change your store configuration scope, update your Avalanche Desktop design settings and have a stylesheet generated specifically for the website / store / store view.
- Magento 126.96.36.199 & 188.8.131.52 Compatibility
- Multiple stylesheet support for individual style configuration of websites and stores
- Contact Us page template (templates/contacts/form.phtml)
- SEO Category & Product Sitemap page template with styling
- Fixed the adminhtml form block class override for Magento 184.108.40.206 (fixes System > Configuration > Payment Methods)
- Fixed translation of “Show More Products” button and added phrase to boilerplate CSV file
- Fixed styling of terms and conditions checkbox on checkout page
- Fixed bug with Facebook and Twitter social buttons not reloading on subsequent Quick View opening
- Review Photos: Fixed issue with spaces in uploaded photo file names
- Fixed paragraph wrapping issue on product description on product detail page
- Fixed Avalanche configuration bug when using standard system fonts rather than Google Web Fonts
- Fixed IE7 dropdown display bug with ms-filter gradient
- Added translatable text to custom sort toolbar labels
- Moved “Shop with Confidence” to static block
- Improved look of multi-address checkout address information
- Added theme support for downloadable products in the shopping cart
- Improved print stylesheet
We’ve also written a guide on how to integrate Simple Configurable Products (SCP) into Avalanche. Check it out!